BRITISH SLEDDOG SPORTS FEDERATION
Vice President of Sport (1st Vice President)
VP for Development
VP for Economic Affairs (Treasurer)
Mono Sports Representative
Team Sports Representative
BRITISH SLEDDOG SPORTS FEDERATION COUNCIL POSITION DESCRIPTIONS
The role and function of the President are:
1. To have general active management of BSSF;
2. Be the BSSF main contact with the IFSS;
3. Promote sled dog sports activities to the British sports community.
4. When present, to preside at meetings of the Executive Board, Council and membership;
5. To see that orders and resolutions of the Council and membership are carried into effect.
6. To report to the Council and membership at each General Assembly;
7. To approve monetary expenditures;
8. To maintain records;
9. To perform other duties as prescribed by the Council and membership in accordance with the BSSF by laws.
The role and function of the Vice Presidents:
1st VICE PRESIDENT/VICE PRESIDENT FOR SPORT:
1. To preside over meetings or meeting agenda items when the president is absent or unable to preside or steps in for him or her when it would be appropriate;
2. To oversee the running of the BSSF National Championship events;
3. To oversee the BSSF Accreditation to World and Continental Cups program;
4. To oversee the sport committees:
5. To oversee the doping control activities
6. To submit a yearly report to the president of goals/planning for the upcoming year.
7. To liaise with IFSS with regard entry of British team members into World and European Championship events
VICE PRESIDENT FOR DEVELOPMENT
1. To oversee the following activities:
d. Registered Nordic Breeds
e. Sport for All
f. Equity and Solidarity
g. Handicapped Programs
2. To submit to the president a yearly report regarding the status of member organizations;
3. To plan strategy/goals for development of the sport and for members.
VICE PRESIDENT FOR ECONOMIC AFFAIRS/TREASURER
1. To assist the President or Vice President in the performance of their duties;
2. To oversee the activities of the treasurer(s) in order to keep full and accurate accounts of all assets, liabilities, receipts and disbursements of the BSSF in the books belonging to the BSSF;
3. To disburse or request the treasurer to disburse the funds of the BSSF as may be directed by the President or Vice Presidents;
4. To prepare a quarterly report of all transactions and a statement of the financial position of the BSSF to be submitted to the Executive Council;
5. To assist the President or the Vice President in drawing up the BSSF fiscal budget to be submitted to the Executive Board, Council and Members;
6. To send out membership dues notices (invoices) and receipts to members;
7. To arrange for audited financial statements to be submitted to the Executive Council and to the members at the bi-annual General Assembly or other meetings;
8. To fulfill any other duty, or duties, that may be assigned by the Executive Council.
9. To keep full and accurate accounts of all assets, liabilities, receipts and disbursements of the IFSS in one’s geographical area of responsibility;
10. To disburse the funds of the IFSS as may be directed by the Vice President of Economic Affairs, taking proper vouchers for such disbursements;
11. To provide reports and data requested by the Vice President of Economic Affairs;
12. To prepare a yearly report of BSSF transactions.
The BSSF Executive Director shall have the following duties:
1. to assist, as requested, the President or Vice Presidents in the performance of their duties;
2. to record in the books to be kept for that purpose, all votes and minutes of the meetings of the Executive Board, Council and General Assembly;
3. to carry out any correspondence that may be directed by the President, the Council, Sports committees or the General Assembly;
4. to keep and maintain files of all documents in writing of the BSSF;
5. to provide information concerning Sleddog Sports to interested parties;
6. to assist the President in drawing up agenda of the bi-annual meeting of the General Assembly: to include the propositions from the Council and Members, and to send this agenda to the Executive Council and Members in accordance with the BSSF by Laws;
7. to distribute the bi-annual General Assembly report to the Council and Members;
8. to ensure the publication of all BSSF National Championships, World and Continental Cups Series;
9. to conduct BSSF Sleddog Surveys when requested by the Executive Board;
10. to represent the BSSF when requested by the Executive Board;
11. to fulfill any other duty, or duties, that may be assigned by the President, Council or General Assembly.
12. to provide letters of invitation for BSSF events for athletes competing overseas events.
13. to be an ex officio member of the committees.
MONO SPORTS REPRESENTATIVE:
The role and function of the Mono Sports Representative are:
1. To represent the interests of the mono sports athletes in the Council;
2. To submit proposal to the ad hoc committees regarding race rules, race organization, National Championship's classes, etc. all subject of primary interest to the athletes.
TEAM SPORTS REPRESENTATIVE:
The role and function of the Team Sports Representative are:
1. To represent the interests of the team sports athletes in the Council;
2. To submit proposal to the ad hoc committees regarding race rules, race organization, National Championship classes, etc. all subject of primary interest to the athletes.